You can prepare your abstract(s) in this section and edit them until you submit your abstract(s) for review by the Scientific Committee.
Please read the abstract guidelines carefully:
|Abstract Submission Starts
||09 December 2016
|Abstract Submission Ends
||17 March 2017
|Announcement of Accepted Abstracts
||10 March 2017
|Registration Deadline for Authors of Accepted Abstracts
||24 March 2017
|Announcement of Final Program
||31 March 2017
Authors can submit abstracts for oral presentation or e-poster for the 4th European Congress for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology. All abstracts must be prepared in English only. Abstracts will be accepted only through the "Online Abstract System" on our website by March 06, 2017. Abstracts sent through e-mail, fax, ordinary post or delivered by hand will not be evaluated. Please carefully check all text for errors before submitting through the system as the quality of your submission may strongly affect scoring of your abstract by the referees.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Online Abstract System Procedure
Abstract Submission Rules
- Authors must first open an account on the online abstract system with a username and password.
- Please do not forget to authorize your abstract once submitted. Only authorized abstracts will be evaluated. Abstracts not authorized by the authors will not be submitted to referees.
- Abstract should not be longer than 250 words.
- Abstract title must be less than 10 words and express the essence of the research.
- Name, last name, title, institution, city and contact details of authors must be stated clearly.
- Presenting author must be stated in the system.
- Abstract body should not include any indication of the authors’ personal details.
- Avoid reference to institution names, locations, or funding sources within the text of the abstract.
- Abstract (except for case reports) should be divided into sections as below:
Aim or purpose :In one brief sentence, provide the rationale for the investigation and/or the question to be answered, with or without short citation(s). Citations should be listed and provide the name and initials of authors (max. 3), title of article, title of journal, year of publication, the volume number and first and last page numbers in full. Please note: the aim implies that case reports cannot be accepted, unless the findings lead to more general statements.
Materials and methods: The experimental conditions should be reported briefly (i.e. age group, features of the subjects, gender, etc.). The clinical approach and the study period should be clearly stated. The methods used should also be briefly and clearly explained (i.e. image analysis, biochemical data, histological, immunohistological or molecular analysis of the data, statistical significance).
Results: The most significant findings should be stated briefly.
Conclusions: This final statement is crucial because it supports the scientific value of the presentation
- Abstracts of the unfinished researches will not be evaluated.
- Tables, charts or graphics should not be included in the abstracts.
- Please avoid submitting abstracts already submitted elsewhere or presented previously.
The evaluation by the reviewers is based on scientific or clinical interest in the topic assessed, sufficiency of provided data, innovation and clinical impact.
Announcement of Accepted Abstracts
- Abstract acceptance letters will be sent by March 10th, 2017 to the submitting authors contact e-mail address in the system.
- All accepted abstracts will be highlighted in the system and authors will be able to monitor the actual situation of their abstracts.
- At least 1 of the authors of each accepted abstract have to register before March 24th, 2017, in order to include their abstract in the final scientific program.
Only Power Point presentations will be allowed. Be sure to bring your presentation on a CD Rom; floppy disks are discouraged; the use of personal lap-tops is not allowed. The time allocated for oral presentations will be 7 minutes + 3 minutes of discussion. Material for presentation should be uploaded in the Preview Room at least 2 hours before the presentation. We encourage you to check your presentation in the Preview Room well in advance.
At the ECBIP 2017, we will be using e-posters instead of conventional printed posters. We are using e-posters to reduce carbon footprint and to save on the costs associated with printing and laminating a conventional poster.
What is an E-Poster?
An e-poster is an electronic version of the traditional boards, and is displayed on monitor screens. The e-poster may include text, figures and images, as well as video.
When can I view a specific poster?
A specific poster can be viewed any time during the Conference. A specific time slot will not be required. Simply use one of the computers located in the e-poster area at a time convenient to you. You will be able to view all electronic posters as frequently, and as often as you wish.
You will receive more information by email. For assistance, please contact the Secretariat